Thursday, October 8, 2015

Community Safety Family Violence Man admits murdering wife because he suspected she was cheating on him Herald Sun Melbourne Oct 9th 2015 Domestic Intimate Partner Violence



Man admits murdering wife because he suspected she was cheating on him

55 minutes ago

Nikita Chawla was killed in her Brunswick West flat.
A MAN has admitted murdering his young wife because he suspected she was cheating on him.
Parminder Singh, 29, pleaded guilty in the Supreme Court today to one count of murder over the killing of 23-year-old Nikita Chawla.
He had earlier indicated he would plead not guilty on the grounds of mental impairment despite a chilling 000 call in which he detailed the bloody murder.
“Come and collect the body,’’ he told the first operator. “I killed her.’’
When asked if he had any weapons, Mr Singh responded: “I had one big knife I used to cut her throat.’’
The killer confirmed he was neither drunk nor alcohol affected and that he had suffered from “anger anxiety’’ in the past.
When transferred to a policeman, Mr Singh continued his extraordinary statement.
“I got my wife, right, I killed her. I love her so much, I had a bright future with her and then she’s been cheating on me ... I just find out today and I ... I think my anxiety took over and then I lost it.
“I think I couldn’t control myself and I hold a big knife and kept hitting her until she stopped breathing.’’
In a second call to 000 Mr Singh again said: “Man, I killed my wife.”
Ms Chawla was killed in the early hours of January 9 in her Brunswick West flat.
When interviewed by police, Mr Singh told police he killed his wife because she had cheated on him.
“But I don’t know why she cheated on me,’’ he told police.
Days before she died, Ms Chawla allegedly told her husband she wanted to move out.
Police claim Mr Singh became suspicious and checked her phone as she slept, finding photos of a bearded man.
Court documents revealed Mr Singh had a history of depression and has expressed feelings of anger and anxiety in the year leading up to Ms Chawla’s horrific death.
He has been remanded in custody and will return to court for a plea hearing in November.
shannon.deery@news.com.au

 http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/man-admits-murdering-wife-because-he-suspected-she-was-cheating-on-him/story-fni0fee2-1227563038148

No comments:

Post a Comment