Friday, October 23, 2015

Community Safety Bullying at School Bullied Boy out of School Torquay Victoria Herald Sun Oct 22nd 2015



Torquay mum says bullied son out of school

October 22, 2015 10:46am
Joshua with mum Natasha. Picture: Glenn Ferguson
A TORQUAY mum who says her nine-year-old son suffered concussion after a bully kicked him in the head won’t send him back to school because the college wants him, not the bully, to change classes.
Natasha Gallahar claimed that there had been many nasty incidents leading up to son Joshua’s trip to Geelong Hospital’s emergency department in August suffering concussion.
She said a classmate had bullied him all year before the kick to the head.
The college had wanted to conduct mediation, but Ms Gallahar had refused as she did not want Joshua to have to sit down with the bully.
She wrote to Education Minister James Merlino about the stalemate and had received no reply.
The Opposition raised the matter in Parliament yesterday.
A spokesman for the Education Minister said the minister’s office had asked for an urgent report into the matter.
The college’s principal, Pam Kinsman, said the health and wellbeing of students was always the school’s top priority.
She was working to ensure all students felt safe and supported at school.
“The Department and school staff are also working together to respond to the concerns raised by the parent. Due to privacy reasons, it is inappropriate to discuss details about individual students.”




http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/torquay-mum-says-bullied-son-out-of-school/story-fnpp4dj5-1227577892318





Herald Sun Oct 22.10.15

No comments:

Post a Comment