Recommendations of the Callinan review
- Consideration should be given to the APPOINTMENT of a recently retired judge of the Supreme Court to chair the parole board.
- Victims should be informed at least 14 days before an offenders' release on parole.
- The ratio of offenders to parole OFFICER or supervisor needs to be reduced.
- The board should report publicly on all homicides and other serious offences committed by parolees.
- A new and comprehensive electronic database and case-management system needs to be established as quickly as possible.
Jill Meagher March: On the Road to Nowhere